Thursday 7 November 2013

Thor and IMAX premiere at Gateway

alexsweetcharity.blogspot.com
The lovely lady on my left is Estelle Sinkins, arts editor at The Witness.

After a crazy week of  general newsyness which comes from working for a large news machine - and cleaning (see previous post), it was lovely to have been invited to the Thor premier as well as the IMAX opening at Gateway. 

As usual the traffic to Gateway is hairy but once we arrived we were greeted by a lovely big cocktail and an assortment of really yummy finger foods ranging from burgers to fish and chips, pasta the list is endless and dahling - I helped myself. 

But the real treat was watching Thor on IMAX. We were told that four weeks ago the whole theatre was rubble. Tonight I sat in state of the art, world class entertainment. My seat was big enough to put my feet up (what a treat to be the first person to sit on that seat). The 3D glasses now look like snow goggles, but I am told that they are an upgrade for those who wear glasses as they fit perfectly over the frames.

So yes, I am a fan of the new IMAX and I am waiting in anticipation for The Hobbit which will be screened next year. 

alexsweetcharity.blogspot.com
Isn't she beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment