Monday 14 January 2013

Some men...


ladies night
Ladies night and I am smashed y'all!

Girls you know what it is like... You get all dolled up and anticipate a wonderful evening out with your best girlfriends. But no matter where you go there are always that pack of 'lone rangers' that think they are God's gift to all women.
I have to tell you this story because I know you can all relate to it.
Ladies you know what I mean!
It is Friday night and me and the girls are out to have some drinks and a good time. We are at some dodgy pub, but it is OK because we aren't there to meet anyone, it just happens to be the only place open in the area. We sit alone trying to avoid that inevitable group of men that would do anything for a lay. And it starts...

My (extremely beautiful) friend goes to the bar to get some drinks when this group of men starts to wolf whistle at her. They keep shouting at her to come over, that they will buy her a drink and that she is so hot, etc. Firstly boys; we can buy our own drinks, and secondly who does that? So, being the classy lady that she is, she ignores them. So then they shout at her; "It's OK, you aren't that hot anyway"! People, please!
So our night goes on and we are having a good time when we are joined by this same pack of boys (I use the word boys on purpose). Here is an account of the conversation I had with one of them - I have changed his name because this is the kinda guy who would sue me!

Me: Hello, my name is Alex. I shake his hand.
T.P: Hi, I'm Ted...Ted Pienaar (again I have changed his name).
Me: So what do you do Ted? (This is a tad bold on my part, but I have alcohol courage).
T.P: Perhaps you did not hear me. My name is TED PIENAAR. (OK people, I work in the media, I know who he is, but I don't like his attitude, so I continue.)
Me: Oh, no I heard you. I just wanted to know a little more about you. At this point his friend has joined the conversation with his offering of a Brutal Fruit!
Friend: Hay doll, my buddy here is the Ted Pienaar ... you know - the (insert sport) world champion.
Me: Oh I'm sorry, am I meant to be impressed by that? OK this was mean of me...
T.P: I am also an artist! 
Me: I ride a bike... a stationary bike at the gym every morning! My joke falls flat.
Friend: Please baby! He puts a huge stinky - sweaty arm around my shoulder. I can tell you haven't exercised a day in your life! Your body is all ... Voluptuous! Now this would normally be a compliment, but the way he said it made me feel so so... I can only describe how I felt with a picture...

The fuck did you just say to me?

We decide it is time to go.

I wanted to share this story because for that moment I felt like I wasn't good enough. And I realise that these men probably talk to everyone in this arrogant way. I can just imagine some woman falling for this act and having their feelings hurt. Ladies, we must resolve to make our own money so that we don't rely on stupid men to keep us. There is nothing sexier than a strong independent woman. This doesn't mean that you have to buy your own drinks forever, I am just saying that you do not need to change who you are to make this kind of man like you.


4 comments:

  1. Haha, such a funny post! Loved it!
    p.s. I followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I really appreciate your kind messages and hope to hear from you more. Have an amazing day!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Brilliant, Love your work already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and for your kind words!
      xxx

      Delete