Wednesday 9 January 2013

New Years Netherwood style

new year
It's OK, this is just a sparkling wine, I drank the Champagne!

OK, so it is that time of the year again - time for new beginnings and fresh starts. If you haven't found that perfect job/partner/hobby/weight yet this is the time to do it. There is no excuse not to make 2013 an amazing year.

New years eve is such a complex celebration. How often have you heard your friends complain that they would rather stay at home? I will tell you what my guru Phontsog always says. He attributes a crappy new years to having too many expectations for the evening. The man is a genius! So instead of dreaming up a crazy scenario where you ride a Unicorn and kiss Russell Brand and turn into a mermaid (OK this is clearly my fantasy), why not just put on your Sunday best and treat it like your usual party night? I guarantee the night will exceed your expectations!


Gotta love a unicorn ...

I decided to spend my new years eve with great friends hanging out with the rich and the fabulous at a beautiful location in the Natal Midlands. Our gracious host had ensured the night would end in debauchery by purchasing 900 cases of Red Bull (including the Red Bull girls) and enough Jagermeister and Tequila for every one of those cases!

Netherwood, before twelve am ...

My best moments were:

Is this safe?

Lighting lanterns and watching them drift away (We were too drunk to worry about the environmental implications).


When the first lantern was lit, my friends and I were standing at the front of Netherwood so we just saw a giant glowing ball in the sky. My friend told me that it was the Red star Betelgeuse but it was travelling at such a speed! So we all concluded that it was a comet. Then it disappeared, so we just chalked it up to those Jager Bombs which we had been knocking back!



A bit of lovin...

Daddy! Staph!
Watching drunk men dance 

This included watching our hoast's mom and dad dancing on the bar top. This is the dad trying to get us drunk, and succeeding!





Netherwood after twelve am ... This is our host!

Turning the dance floor into a slip-n-slide

So this is usually a classy venue which hosts lavish weddings and fancy dinners. Why not put dish-washing liquid on the parquet floor and turn it into a water park? Even better than this was watching people slip and fall on the soapy floor!


Two drinks - because why not?


Partying with my friends

I don't care where I am or who I am with, when the music is pumping and the drinks are flowing I am a happy girl!


New years resolutions 2013
Obviously this is a New years post, so I have to give you my resolution list.




Here they are:

1. Be nicer to people. I saw a woman with a beard at gym once and I judged her, I feel bad.
2. Go back to gym. I know I said I would never go back after my Thrasher experience, http://alexsweetcharity.blogspot.com/2012/08/gym-thrasher-and-some-milfs.html but perhaps it is time to find a nice womens gym.
3. I will wear more colour. White and black are not colours...
4. Even if I am single I will bikini wax! There is no need to let myself go, I am too young to be caught with my pants down and Donald Trump's toupee on my crotch!



5. Be less annoying. I like to talk ... I guess sometimes people don't always like to listen, I will work on that.
6. Skin tone. Get a little sun, but don't overdo it. I look like the walking dead; perhaps I will trade my SPF 50 for a 30...
7. Give car guards money. In 2012 I had a strict policy on tips. The guard got a tip if they:
a) helped me find a parking IF I needed help;
b) if they helped me into and out of a tricky parking; and
c) if they did not talk to me about Jesus (and did the above).
Now I will tip them, but the Jesus thing still stands...
8. Smile. I don't smile, so people think I am an angry bitch. I am just a bitch.
9. Take more photos. The world is so beautiful, I need more memories and I am not getting any younger.
10. Write more and keep deadlines. I will ensure that I keep you all up to date on the party scene here in South Africa. The ins and outs, the ups and downs, the glamorous and fab and all the hilarious that is going on.

I wish you all a happy, healthy and wealthy 2013.

1 comment: