Monday 24 March 2014

Crappy

Sometimes you have a crappy day.

You just wake up on the wrong side of the bed, you stub your toe, next minute the gate remote battery is dead and you are late for work. 

If your bad luck streak is still going strong then the morning will see you in  a traffic jam running low on petrol. When you do eventually screech into work you have lost your parking to the new guy in HR, so you have to park in the peasants spot out back where all the stray cats are fed by Deb in accounting. This inevitably leads you to step in their doo doo and arrive at work not only late, but smelling of crap. 

I digress. Sometimes you have a bad day. 

But when I have a day like that, I am reminded of the story of Crappy, told to me by a dear friend to remind me that no matter how bad the day gets, it could be worse.
Forgive me if you know the tale for I am told that the legend has spread far and wide. For those of you who are unfamiliar - let me recount it:

An unsuspecting Rhodesian scholar (that is to say - a boy from Rhodes University) brought home young girl from a local bar. One thing led to another and she found herself straddling him in mid coitus whereupon (and for reasons we can only speculate) she crapped herself. Without a second thought - and without collecting any of her possessions - she jumped out of the window of his first-floor dorm room. BUT - not before taking the time to wipe her arse on his curtain! 

The joke for me is that she was OK with leaving in the way she did, but without wiping first!

Rhodes University is a small campus and news got out. She became so renowned that even when fleeing to the University of Cape Town, the legend that is 'Crappy' followed her.

Forgive me if you are reading this Crappy, but be happy in the knowledge that I too have crapped on a curtain (see the post http://alexsweetcharity.blogspot.com/2014/03/no-dont-push.html) and that you have made so many other people happy.

The point is that when you are having a bad time, be happy in the knowledge that things could be worse. There are no negatives in our lives which we cannot overcome. Even Crappy. She has so many positives going for her - like the fact that we don't know her name. 

When you have a bad day take a deep breath and call a friend, they will know how to make everything better. Thank you to all my wonderful friends. I love you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment